Stuart Hall, San Francisco CA
Contractor – Herrero Bros.
Photography – Ken Gutmaker Photography
Architect – STARKWEATHER|BONDY Architects
Founded in 1887 as an independent, Catholic school, Schools of the Sacred Heart San Francisco carry on the educational mission of the Religious of the Sacred Heart.
Stuart Hall is part of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools in San Francisco. Begun in 1887, when the Religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ) founded a K-12 school for girls in a set of Victorian homes on Bush Street.
In 1956, the schools purchased the Hammond House, on the other side of the Flood Mansion, and opened Stuart Hall for Boys (K-8)—named for influential Sacred Heart educator Janet Erskine Stuart.
Wooden Window custom built perfect-to-match, historically accurate double-hung and hopper windows of vertical grain fir for use throughout the building—updating the original design with laminated and tempered glass.
|Mid-Century Modern House, Tiburon CA||Haven’s School|
|Mid-Century Modern House, Tiburon CA|