Seeing the Light
Pleasanton’s Lighthouse Baptist Church is home to the congregation of Missouri-born Pastor Bill Bryson. Pastor Bryson began his ministry under Dr. Richard Wortshan at Saratoga Bible Baptist Church of Saratoga Springs, New York and came to the Bay Area with his wife and four children.
With its Gothic belfry, tight stairways, redwood beams and wood floors, the building itself has been around for over 135 years. Lighthouse Baptist was built in 1876. The original property was purchased for $350 and the building constructed for another $2800. It opened as the First Presbyterian Church of Pleasanton. Benches, carpet and a formal pulpit weren’t added until 1884. The Lighthouse was augmented with a social hall and classroom in 1929.
There have been renovations in the ensuing years, and Wooden Window was pleased to contribute to one of them–the replacement of the church’s entry doors. The original doors had deteriorated with weather and use over the years, and their solid-wood construction blocked out light from the street when they were closed. Wooden Window was able to carefully match the original doors, upgrading the upper panels to textured art glass. Now, the light does, literally, shine in on a grateful congregation.
References“Pleasanton’s Lighthouse Church A Beacon To The Past – The Mercury News”. Mercurynews.Com, 2018, https://www.mercurynews.com/2010/12/23/pleasantons-lighthouse-church-a-beacon-to-the-past/. Accessed 6 Mar 2018.
|Lakeside Luxury||Room With a View|
|Room With a View|