Production Shift Supervisor Position
Production Shift Supervisor
Wooden Window is looking for a shift supervisor. The shift supervisor will maintain and monitor work flowing through the plant and ensure all operations comply with the company’s Quality Management System and assure that projects meet production step and delivery deadlines. The supervisor will be responsible for the training and certification of plant employees and drive compliance with all safety measures. The Shift Supervisor reports to the VP of Production.
Wooden Window is an equal opportunity employer committed the growth and development of all its employees.
This position provides scheduled pay increases as you learn new skills and become more valuable to our company. Our company benefits include Kaiser medical coverage, paid time off (PTO), 401K matching, Holidays and in many instances a smartphone allowance.
- Manage, monitor and complete daily production goals
- Manage daily project priorities across seven shop teams, including staff safety, training, productivity initiatives, performance evaluations and hire/fire. Manage all teams to keep safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Participate in Production and Operations meetings and achieve 100% production completion dates
- Monitor and report Plant equipment, materials, consumables.
- Review and approve employee’s daily time sheets to 100% accuracy
- Provide shop employees complete training by written work instructions and drive the skills certification program
- Continuously monitor Quality Assurance in order for shop personnel to produce 100% error free products
- Manage Shop’s Non-Conformity Reports and Corrective Action Reports
- Fully engaged in Continuous Improvements program as well as Quality Assurance implementation.
- Previous 5 years’ experience in a Plant Supervision role
- Very organized and be able to set up a mentality of workplace organization in the shop
- Computer literate (Windows, MS Word, Adobe. Filemaker a plus)
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- Quality Management System experience
All successful candidates MUST pass a pre-employment drug screening. For the safety of our employees and our customers, we will not accept candidates who test positive for marijuana (even if you have a medicinal marijuana prescription from California).
All successful candidates must be able to show proof they can legally work in the United States.